International Office of Semarang University (USM) was started in some purposes:
- It aims to enhance international partnership of Semarang University (USM) so that the university can be a part of international world. It includes partnership initiation, formation of international association, agreement signing, and partnership visitation.
- It has a responsibility to introduce USM to the world. The International Promotion is done through leaflets, websites, and events.
- It facilitates mobility of the staffs, students and researchers abroad. IO provides information about study abroad. It assists in receiving students abroad, managing stay permit, supporting visa and passport handling. Internal Office is currently under the supervision of Vice Rector for Academic.
Semarang University (USM) is a private higher educational institution which was established in 1987 by Alumni of Diponegoro University. As a part of plural city that has many cultures, Semarang University (USM) is an ideal place to meet people from different culture. It is also a perfect place for everyone who wants to study in an adventurous atmosphere with different people. USM has exciting environment and a sport center with complete facilities.
Semarang University is the best choice to go when you want to study abroad. The university is going to be an international university by hosting students from abroad. We offer experienced academic and administrative support for the exchanging and visiting students who want to study in these following faculties:
Faculty of Economics
- Diploma in Management
- Undergraduate degree in Management
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
Faculty of Law
- Undergraduate degree in Law
Faculty of Engineering
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering
Faculty of Agriculture Technology
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture Technology
Faculty of Psychology
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology
Faculty of Informatics Technology and Communication
- Undergraduate degree in Information System
- Undergraduate degree in Informatics Technology
- Undergraduate degree in Communication Science
Post Graduate Program
- Master degree in Management
- Master degree in Law
Living in Semarang
Semarang is a tropical rainforest climate that borders on a tropical monsoon climate. It is approximately 2800 mm of rain annually. The average temperatures in the city are relatively consistent, hovering around 28 degrees Celsius.
Semarang is divided into two major landscapes, they are Up Semarang and Lowland Semarang. Lowland Semarang becomes the center of the city, it formerly was the sea that was getting sedimentation from the streams contained from Up Semarang.
Cost of Living
The cost of living varies depending on the students’ life style. In Semarang area, for minimum living cost, a student spends about 1.200.000 IDR/month. It includes meal and stay.
Working at USM
- Guest Lecturer
- Guest Internship Student
To provide a comfortable place to study with some kind of books and to access the resources, USM library has more than 50.000 books. Students can use free E-Journal to get international access for International Journal in more than 5 Websites. This situation makes student, lecturer and staff learn, think, meet and discuss with the unlimited sources.
Not just a place to develop their knowledge, USM also provides a facility to give guideline for their students in looking for a job. Some students also can do Internship in USM, or the other USM’s company partner.
With a large area, USM Sport Hall provides: Badminton, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, and Gymnastic. The capacity of this hall is about 1500 people, with a complete and the latest facilities..
Semarang University supports every classroom with Free Wi-Fi, Air Conditioner, LCD Projector, and the comfortable seat.
All campus area buildings offer wireless connectivity. Campus has fully converged network infrastructure.
English Training Center
To develop English ability, Semarang University provides a unit that works on English training and developing for students, lecturers, employees and the surrounding.
Student Club and Associations
The Student club is a center for representing students on academic and activities range. It also provides many social and cultural activities with various clubs and associations. In Semarang University, there are about 40 Students Activity Unit (UKM) and Students Organisation (ORMA) such as Fokus (Fotografi Komunitas Universitas Semarang), Canopus (Cinematografi), etc.
Bank and ATM
Give you access to open or do transaction with your account for 24 hours. The ATM Banks that are available in Semarang University are BNI, BRI.
It provides large places for our students to held formal and informal event. We can hold seminar, workshop, Training and Educating, Music Event, or Exhibition.
- Tentang USM
- Lembaga & UPT
- Mahasiswa Baru